Benefits of Playdough Play:
- Encourages hand strength
- It develops fine motor skills
- Its calming for children
- It encourages creativity
- It enhances hand-eye coordination
- It improves social skills (sharing + spending time together)
All you have to do is:
- Get the free playdough mats at the end of the post.
- Print them on white paper or cardstock.
- Laminate the pages or put them inside sheet protectors. (This is useful to re-use the playmats, just wipe clean after).
- Get some playdough and start having fun with your kids.
Playdough Mats Inspiration:
Pumpkin playdough mat prompt idea: The pumpkin playdough mat is perfect for talking about emotions and creating those emotions with playdough. You can start by discussing different emotions, and then create different facial expressions and talk about what can make us feel that way.
Spider playdough mat prompt idea: Use the spider play dough mat to practice fine motor skills. Encourage your kids to roll and squish shapes and make playdough worms for the spider legs. These hand and finger movements will help strengthen the muscles, which will improve your kids’ writing.
Haunted House playdough mat prompt idea: You can use the Haunted House Playdough Mat to practice counting, but it’s also great for older kiddos to practice adding and subtracting. Start by asking who lives in this house, and create addition and subtraction problems with your kids’ answers.
Witches Hat playdough mat prompt idea: This mat offers a great way to talk about different shapes! Create different shapes with your playdough and have your kids use them to decorate your witches hat!
Here is the link to download all 5 playdough mats. Enjoy!