WEEK ONE MEAL PLAN!
Hiya and welcome to my ‘Meal Plan Like a MOFO!’ club, firstly thank you SO MUCH for opening up this blog post and joining this community! Please do send any feedback or suggestions you have on how to make this better and help the community thrive!
Now, lets get saving some money!
So whatever your reason is to save money on your food shopping.. I hear ya! I was so fed up of spending hundreds of pounds a month on food and instead wanted to spend that money on more important things like making memories with my babies. So here we go…
If you need to take this list to the store with you, you can download a printable version here.
So breakfasts are toast, eggs and any cereal that you have on hand.
For the kids I bought a few picky bits and they will have the dinner time leftovers but for me, I am making a large pasta salad to cook up and eat over the week with different salad dressings or cheese. My pasta salad recipe can be found here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2L_YCKlNUx/
- Roast Chicken Dinner (this is the “mother” meal which will provide leftovers for other meals in the week)
- Homemade Chicken Pizzas (made on garlic & coriander naan bread – to make I bake the naans,cover in butter and BBQ sauce and then add some toppings. I like cooked chicken, red pepper, red onion, sweetcorn and cheddar cheese! Pop them back in the oven for a bit. Super easy meal)
- Welsh Rarebit & Salad (https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/perfectwelshrarebit_13772)
- Jacket Potatoes & Salad
- Omelettes (My favourite Omelette combo is spinach, cheese & onion!)
- Macaroni Cheese & Peas (Make a basic white sauce and add cheese, mix in peas and cooked pasta and bake in the oven, I just use cheddar cheese but you could use different variations if you’re feeling fancy!)
- Bubble & Squeak with Bacon (using leftover roast potatoes mashed up with brussel sprouts, onion and carrots, fry them all up in little cakes and serve with bacon!)
“Beasty Bites” (aka supermarket brand Monster Munch!)
Fruit Loaf (also used for kids lunches)
Rich Tea Biscuits
Chocolate Chip Biscuits
Baby Plum Tomatoes
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Garlic & Coriander Naan Breads (2 pack) x 2
Microwave Rice (Kids lunches)
Apple Squash x 3
Mini Sausage Rolls (Kids lunches)
Mini Chicken Tikka Pasties (Kids lunches)
Frozen Corn on the Cob
Frozen Brussel Sprouts
Frozen Meditteranean Vegetables
Check out all of my meal plan & shopping list blog posts here.
Check out all of my meal plan & shopping list videos here.