I’ve always been a bit of a grandma at heart always opting for nights in over nights out, cups of tea over glasses of wine and pyjamas over clothes. I feel like having a baby (or maybe growing further into my twenties) has allowed me to fully embrace that side of me instead of having FOMO (fear of missing out) and feeling like I need to “keep up with the Jones’s”. Surely I cant be the only one that likes to fully embrace their inner old woman? Anything on this list relate to you too?
- Your ideal Christmas gift would be a new pair of slippers, or better still bed socks!
- You regularly consider taking up knitting (or you already knit)
- Your ideal “night on the town” is a night at your local bingo hall. You’ve checked out Bingo Kings, you’ve learnt the lingo and you’ve bought yourself a bingo pen – you’re good to go.
- Having a bath is a real occasion – you block out diary space for that goodness AND you pop into Lush to mark the occasion.
- You secretly hi-five yourself when your friends cancel plans as it saves you having to make up an excuse.
- You consider 10pm a “late night”
- You thoroughly research every appliance you purchase (bonus points if you read the user guide too)
- You own more than one pair of “sensible shoes”
- Pyjamas are LIFE
- You own more than five cardigans
- You watch property shows on TV
- You’ve got enjoyment from The Antiques Roadshow
*This is a collaborative post